Glazed Sweet Potato, Sour Cherry & Lemon Loaf
A great everyday dessert! Our Glazed Sweet Potato, Sour Cherry & Lemon Loaf is light and moist, and features a delicious lemon glaze. Perfect with a cup of coffee!
Nutrition Info Per Serving
- 1 (15 oz.) can Bruce’s Yam Cut Sweet Potatoes in Syrup; drained
- 1/4 lb butter; melted
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1 (16.5 oz.) lemon cake mix
- 1/3 cup dried (moist) sour cherries
- 1-1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tbs. fresh lemon juice
- 2 tbs. melted butter
Steps to Prepare
- Heat oven to 350°F. Grease and flour an 8” x 4” (4 cup) loaf pan; set aside.
- Place Bruce’s Yam Cut Sweet Potatoes in the bowl of an electric mixer and (using the paddle attachment) whip until smooth.
- Add melted butter, water and lemon juice; stir until combined. Then add cake mix and whisk until just incorporated then stir in the cherries.
- Transfer batter to the prepared pan and bake for 40 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean. Allow the cake to rest in the pan for 5 minutes then invert on a wire rack to cool.
- To make the glaze, combine the powdered sugar, lemon juice and melted butter together in a bowl and gently mix until smooth. If you want a thinner glaze, add a teaspoon or two of water.
- Drizzle glaze over cake and allow to set for 2 hours before cutting.