Caramel Sweet Potatoes with Marshmallow Meringue
Nutrition Info Per Serving
- 2 (29 oz) cans Bruce’s sweet potatoes; drained (reserving 3 tablespoons syrup)
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 egg whites
- 1/2 cup marshmallow cream
- 1 teaspoon cream of tarter
Steps to Prepare
- Heat oven to broil.
- In a large bowl, warm sweet potatoes in microwave until hot.
- In a small saucepan, melt butter and stir in the brown sugar, salt and reserved syrup from sweet potatoes.
- Cook for 2 minutes, stirring frequently, until the mixture begins to thicken.
- Pour over sweet potato and gently mix. Transfer to a 6 cup (oven-proof) casserole dish; set aside.
- In the bowl on an electric mixer, whip the egg whites until fluffy.
- Add the marshmallow cream and cream of tarter and continue to beat until glossy.
- Spoon onto the sweet potatoes and “frost” like you would a cake.
- Broil for a minute or two (watching carefully as the sugar in the marshmallow cream burns easily).