Buttermilk Sweet Potato Pie
A classic dish at every Thanksgiving Dinner, our Sweet Potato Pie is even sweeter with buttermilk. Add this dessert to your holiday dinner and your whole family will thank you.
Nutrition Info Per Serving
- 1 1 (unbaked / defrosted) 9” pie shell
- 1 (40 oz) can Bruce’s Yam Cut Sweet Potatoes in Syrup; drained -reserving 2 tablespoons syrup
- 3/4 cup (room temperature) buttermilk
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 2 whole eggs, plus 1 egg yolk
- 2 tablespoons sifted flour
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice (plus extra for garnish)
- whipped cream for serving (optional)
Steps to Prepare
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Bake empty pie shell for 6-7 minutes until the bottom of crust begins to turn light brown. Remove from oven and turn heat down to 350.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, whip the sweet potatoes until smooth.
- Add the reserved syrup, buttermilk, melted butter, eggs & egg yolk, flour and pumpkin pie spice; mix until incorporated.
- Pour into the pie shell (which has been placed on a cookie sheet) and bake for 60 minutes or until center of pie has set.
- If crust gets too brown, cover pie with a sheet of tin foil.
- Serve with whipped cream and a sprinkling of pumpkin pie spice, if desired.