Banana-Yama Brown Sugar Pound Cake
This Banana-Yama Brown Sugar Pound Cake recipe was the bread/dessert category winner in the Bruce's Yams 2015 Holiday Recipe Contest!
Nutrition Info Per Serving
- 1 (15 oz.) can Bruce’s Yams Cut Sweet Potatoes, drained
- 2 cups light brown sugar
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 medium bananas, ripe
- 4 large eggs
- 3 cups flour
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp. nutmeg
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
Steps to Prepare
- In a large bowl beat sugars and butter at medium speed with an electric mixer until blended.
- Add Bruce’s Yam’s Cut Sweet Potatoes (drained) and beat until blended.
- Add the banana’s and blend.
- Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating after each addition.
- Combine flour, baking powder, salt and spices together in medium bowl.
- Add flour mixture to butter mixture alternately with evaporated milk.
- Beat at low speed just until blended after each addition.
- Add vanilla extract and then pecans.
- Pour batter into a lightly greased bundt pan.
- Bake at 350° for 45 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Dust with powdered sugar, if desired.