Baked Sweet Potato Taquitos
These earthy Baked Sweet Potato Taquitos are golden brown and crunchy on the outside, and feature a creamy sweet potato filling. Add additional creaminess with a homemade avocado crema and Mexican Cojito cheese.
Nutrition Info Per Serving
- olive oil cooking spray
- 1 (15 oz.) can Bruce’s Yams Cut Sweet Potatoes; drained & smashed
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tbs. chopped parsley
- 1/2 tsp. garlic salt
- 24 (6”) corn tortillas
- 3/4 cup crumbled Mexican Cojito (or Queso Fresco) cheese
- 1/3 cup toasted (shelled) pumpkin seeds; optional
- 1 ripe avocado, chunked
- 1 cup Mexican Crema (or light dairy sour cream)
- 2 tsp. green jalapeño hot sauce
- 2 tbs. water
- juice of 1/2 lime
- few sprigs cilantro
- pinch salt
Steps to Prepare
- Heat oven to 400°F.
- Spray a baking sheet with olive oil; set aside.
- In a bowl, stir together Bruce’s Yams Cut Sweet Potatoes, cumin, parsley and salt.
- Using one tortilla at a time (keep others coved with a damp kitchen towel) spray both sides with olive oil then spoon 2 tbs. sweet potato mixture along one side of tortilla (leaving 1/2” edge).
- Sprinkle with cheese and roll up; place (seam side down) on sheet.
- Bake taquitos for 15 minutes until crispy.
- To make avocado crema, place all ingredients in a blender and process until smooth.
- Drizzle taquitos with avocado cream and sprinkle with pumpkin seeds before serving.