Bacon & Sweet Potato Enchiladas
If you love Mexican food, you'll love our Bacon & Sweet Potato Enchiladas! They're the perfect combination of savory and sweet.
Nutrition Info Per Serving
- 3 slices thick bacon; cubed
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 (29 oz.) can Bruce’s Yams Cut Sweet Potatoes with Splenda®; drained
- 1 tsp. vegetable seasoning (such as Mrs. Dash)
- 12 (6”) corn tortillas; warmed*
- 1 (20 oz.) can red enchilada sauce
- 3 cups shredded Mexican blend cheese
- mango salsa or guacamole (purchased)
- dairy sour cream (for serving)
- hot sauce (for serving)
- fresh cut limes (for serving)
Steps to Prepare
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- In a large skillet, fry bacon and onion for 2 minutes until bacon is almost crisp.
- Stir in Bruce’s Yams Cut Sweet Potatoes with Splenda®, smashing lumps with the tines of a fork. Add vegetable seasoning and 3/4 cup of the enchilada sauce and cook an additional 3 minutes; remove from heat.
- Pour a small amount of enchilada sauce in the bottom of a 13” x 9” glass baking dish to just cover the bottom.
- Lay 6 tortillas out on a work surface and place one heaping tablespoon sweet potato mixture onto the middle of the tortilla followed by a tablespoon or so of grated cheese. Wrap up and place (seam side down) in the prepared baking dish. Repeat with the remaining 6 tortillas.
- Cover tortillas with the remaining enchilada sauce and top with remaining cheese. Bake for 30 minutes until cheese is hot and bubbly. Serve with mango salsa or guacamole, sour cream, hot sauce and limes, if desired.
*To warm tortillas, wrap in tin foil and place in (325°F) oven for 10 minutes.