We have a fun recipe for you to make that your furry friend is bound to love! This is a quick and easy Sweet Potato Dog Biscuit recipe that you can make that is healthy and nutritious for your animals. Enjoy!
Sweet Potato Dog Biscuits
1 cup smashed Bruce’s Yam Cut Sweet Sweet Potatoes
1 cup quick cooking oats
3/4 cup stone ground cornmeal
2/3 cup hot water
1-3/4 cups whole wheat flour
1 egg; divided
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper; set aside.
3. In a bowl, stir together the sweet potatoes, oats and cornmeal.
4. Mix in the water and let sit for 10 minutes.
5. Stir in the egg yolk (saving the white to brush onto the biscuits).
6. Add the flour, 1/4 cup at a time, and knead until combined
(if dough too sticky to roll out, add additional flour).
7. On a floured board, roll out dough to about 1/3 inch thickness.
8. Cut with a bone cookie cutter and place onto baking sheet.
9. Brush the biscuits with the remaining (beaten) egg white.
10. Bake for 25 minutes then turn off oven and let biscuits rest
for an additional 10 minutes in the oven.
11. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
Note: Quantity of biscuits depends on the size of the cookie cutter you use.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Rest time: 20 minutes
Bake time: 30 minutes
Total: 1 hour